Saturday, January 1, 2011
Strawberry Shortcake Cake
1 x Box of Yellow Cake
1 x 3.5 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
3 x eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup oil
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 x 8oz block cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 x 12oz whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp vanilla
1 pint fresh strawberries, finely chopped
1 bar of dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour 3 x 9inch cake pans.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cakes comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
4. For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, white sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Allow to set in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Just before frosting cake, fold in crushed chopped strawberries.
5. Top with dark chocolate shavings.
6. Store in the refrigerator.
7. Eat and Enjoy! :)